Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm back and I'm on a mission

So maybe you hadn't noticed, but it's been a while since my last post. In the past 8 months, I've been a little busy. I've run a ton, training for races varying from 1 mile to 26.2; I got hitched; I traveled; I worked; I continued my non-stop (yet favorite) role of being a mommy; and so on. That said, we're all busy, so my excuses will stop here.

It's a good cause that prompted me revisit my abandoned blog. On July 21, I will run the St. Jude East Peoria to Peoria Run for the second year. The run is one of many satellite runs in Central Illinois that day. Participants run to the Peoria Civic Center prior to the annual St. Jude Telethon from many local cities, St. Louis, Chicago and even from the St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital in Memphis. Every participant is running for the kids of St. Jude.  For more details, you can visit my fundraising page (and donate if you feel so inclined).

I'm very thankful to have a healthy six-year-old son. But it's comforting to know that a place like St. Jude is there if ever needed. It costs $1.7 million to run the hospital for just one day and is mostly funded by contributions. Despite this, no family is turned away regardless of their ability to pay. Not convinced that St. Jude is an awesome, amazing place? Check out a few other quick facts.

As a fundraiser, the wonderful people at Bondi Bands are allowing me to sell those famous bands again. I had a lot of success with this fundraiser last year and am excited to offer them as a way to raise money for the kids of St. Jude for the second year. They're the perfect accessory for any running outfit and they keep the sweat and hair out of your eyes. So without further ado, here are the Bondi Bands.








All of the Bondi Bands shown here are moisture-wicking. They're great for a run, a gym workout, yoga, a trip to the grocery store, a bad hair day, lounging around the house and so much more. Pricing this year is the same as last year at $10 for 1 band, $18 for 2 and $25 for 3. This includes shipping. For questions on colors, sayings, designs or to place an order, please email me at hrichrath@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment